Teaching Sourdough and having fun with friends




I had a couple of friends over to Eat Bread With Me and to learn about baking bread. They were my first "students" and I must to say that it was a very fun morning. I had prepared several stages of the process to facilitate their experience and learningI showed to them how to feed a sourdough, how the starter ingredients look like after feeding them and letting it rest for 8-12 hours of overnight. I also had them stretch and fold,  shape, score and prepare the oven and finally Eat Bread With Me. 

Here are the results of a bread made by one of them:
Beautifully done! Congrats To Gigi. To read about her experience check out her blog: 

http://freerangekiddos.weebly.com/foodie-at-heart/homemade-rustic-sourdough-bread



I was super glad to help them out and to see the results!



2 comments:

  1. I was finally able to make your sourdough bread. It turned out great, although it doesn't look quite as good as yours. I tried to post a picture here, but I'm still learning my way around this site. I enjoy your blog, and look forward to making more bread! Thank you for all of your help and inspiration.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,
      That is wonderful! I'm glad you made it. Which recipe did you use? Is your starter behaving well for you? I need do add more recipes. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. I'm sorry it took so long for you to post, I would love to see a picture of your bread. I'm now crazy about making croissants and brioche and sweet breads with levain, but having not a lot of time to post. Hope you continue baking :)
      Thank you,
      Sissy

      Delete